What is Swiftie Stories?

Swiftie Stories is a Taylor Swift Fan Project devoted to collecting and sharing stories of how Taylor Swift has changed our lives. All stories will eventually be collected and given to Taylor! Email or facebook message your story to us! Enjoy this blog of stories and community of Swifties! Email - SwiftieStories@gmail.com Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/SwiftieStories

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Swiftie Story!

Here is another story! Hope you enjoy it!

Hey guys, My name is Muyeng. I’m Taylor Swift’s die hard fan. I’m 15 years old, from Cambodia. I’m going to tell you why I love Taylor Swift so much. It might take me a week to tell you about this. Haha! Ok, So here’s my story in a nutshell. I’ve been obsessed with Taylor approximately 2 years. If people ask me why I love her, I will answer ‘Because she’s the only person who completely changed my life. When I was young, I dreaded listening to music. In 2008, I was sitting in my car then Teardrops on my guitar was playing on the radio. I thought ‘Woah! That song sounds beautiful’ but I didn’t really care. When my family moved to a new house, I asked my sister ‘Can we share the room?’ because I was scared of ghosts and she said yes. My sister was always listening to music every night, which annoyed me to death. Since I shared the room with her, I started to get used to listening to music. Not only getting used to but was bitten by the music bug. Hahaha! My sister bought a CD that contained Teardrops On My Guitar in it. I played it over and over and mumbled along with the song, pretty fun. At that time, I didn’t even know what her name was or what she looked like. One day, Love Story was played on Channel [V], again I thought ‘Ahh! She looks beautiful’ I didn’t know that She’s the girl who sings Teardrops On My Guitar. Every time I listened to her songs I always found myself automatically smiling. I couldn’t speak English well but I knew how to sing her songs (Teardrops On My Guitar, Love Story) which people couldn’t even understand what language I was singing. LOL Weird, right? One night, I was showering then I heard Teardrops On My Guitar and I thought my sister was listening to it on the radio but then she called me and shouted ‘Hey! It’s Teardrops On My Guitar music video’ O.O I ran out the bathroom and almost slipped. My biggest crush!!! OH MY HONEY! That’s you? Gorgeous!!! Because of her gorgeous looks plus her beautiful, lovely voice made me go crazy and became her biggest and craziest fan.
You Belong With Me was released on 2009 and I promised myself that I had to know how to sing this song properly so I asked my teacher to print the lyrics for me because my home’s Internet was unavailable. I sang the song again and again, my English started to improve. Big thanks to Taylor for unconsciously helping me! I started to check more songs from her and all of her songs sounded cool and emotional to me. After I had listened to some of her songs, I borrowed my dad’s phone and search for TAYLOR SWIFT. Suddenly, thousands of her pictures came up and I had no idea why my tears were rolling down on my face like it was raining. I was crying so bad at that time, I realized that I really fell in love with her. Up until that point, whenever I saw her on TV or heard her voice I went wild and wouldn’t care about anything even my parents’ speech. GUYS, you’re here so just keep on reading this, ok? My home’s internet is available now so I can search her videos, music, pictures –etc. My mind was full of Taylor Swift even now. My teacher asked all the students in the class to do a presentation about anything, I chose Taylor Swift as my topic. My presentation was about her and I got the top score. ^^ Every time, I did something related to Taylor, It would turn out really really good.

According to my craziness, on her birthday I did lots of things for her, which I never thought it would happen, I made lots of paper stars, In those stars had some wishes and I also wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TAYLOR! I finished all the paper stars and then I put those in balloons then flew them at a park. Along the way to the park I was listening to her album Fearless. I arrived at the park and released the balloons. Again, I was crying and smiling and laughing. My happiest moment! Taylor inspired me to play the guitar so I asked my dad to buy me one but he didn’t agree because he wanted me to focus on my study. I didn’t give up! Every time I saw his face I would always say ‘Dad I want to buy a guitar. dad please please please!’ but he still said NO. My family and I went to a restaurant that I really loved but when we arrived there, I ate nothing. He asked me what was wrong!?!? Nothing, I replied. …..5 minutes later…. He said ‘OK OK, tomorrow I’ll go and buy a guitar for you’ Woah what yeah!!!! Really!?!! Thank you so much, dad! I love you. Hahaha. I've got the guitar now so I started to learn how to play it by myself but things didn’t seem good. I tried and tried and tried but It was really tough for me. I had my guitar for almost 1 year and finally, I knew how to play a song called ‘Speak Now’ I was really happy when I knew how to play that song. It’s the first song that I could play on my guitar quite well.
In addition to this, all I can think of is going on a stage with Taylor every night, becoming one of her band, living with her, standing in front of thousands of people, and performing all the songs that Taylor has written. Or something crazy and out of reach like that. You think it’s impossible? Remember this guys: No dreams too big and No Victories too small. I usually say 'one day I will be on a stage with Taylor and sing all her songs together' to the people around me and no one used to say ‘Oh Don’t worry! It’ll come true’..ever.. On the other hand, They would say ‘Noise pollution! It will never come true’ even my parents said that. That speech tears my heart out! *Sigh*. Unfortunately, That speech only made me want to dream bigger because Taylor said ‘There are two ways you can go with [pain]. You can let it destroy you.... or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, work harder.’ Well, Cambodia and America are too too far from each other but I still believe that my dreams will come true. THERE WILL BE A MIRACLE WHEN YOU BELIEVE!. Nothing is impossible. Like for example, a girl who hated music to death but then became the biggest fan (Me). I didn’t like singers but finally, the person who I love more than my life is TAYLOR SWIFT. Sometimes, I think that my dreams are just too impossible and I did think about the word Give Up. Luckily, lots of inspiring quotes always came to my mind when I wanted to give up. Based on my potential, passion, and a feeling that makes me believe in myself, I always quietly say my wishes before I go to bed and I also bought a Wishing Bottle, all my wishes are in that magic bottle. *giggling* Some people might think I’m psycho or whatever. Everything starts with a dream even a singer. In my whole life, Taylor is indispensable. Without her I’m nothing! She's everything I've ever wanted. Overall, I do hope my dreams will come true someday. My eyes are gazing at Taylor’s picture now and also some fake stars which I stuck on my wall. Yes, I’ve never met her in person or even receive the word HI from her but ONE word ‘Never Never Give Up’ I hope my story is lucky enough to make you smile and Hopefully Taylor herself will read this.
Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading this long story..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment